Santa Cruz Sur is a collection of 5 production concessions located in the onshore Austral Basin, southern Argentina.

The assets sit to the northeast and southeast of Echo’s Tapi Aike exploration block and make up the production component of Echo’s full cycle strategy.

The licence portfolio consists of 12 producing oil and gas fields with existing infrastructure allowing the delivery of oil and gas to local, domestic and international export markets.


Santa Cruz Sur v2.png

Overview

Area: 2693 km2

Status: Production Concessions

Licence Expiry:

  • Chorrillos & Campo Bremen (April 2026)
  • Oceano, Moy Aike & Palermo Aike (August 2026)

Net Production: 2,633 boepd (H1 2019)

Interest:

  • Echo Energy: 70%
  • ROCH: 30% (operator)

Net Reserves (Gaffney, Cline & Associates - 31 December 2018)

  • 1P: 4.3 MMBOE
  • 2P: 13.7 MMBOE
Santa Cruz 1.jpg

ROCH LOGO 6 11 2019.png

 

 

Partnership

ROCH are one of the main independent domestic operators in production, exploration and commercialisation in Argentina and hold a 30% operated interest across the Santa Cruz Sur blocks with the remaining 70% held by Echo Energy.

Permit Areas

 

 

 


Petroleum Geology

Oil and gas production across all 12 fields comes from a combination of Upper Jurassic and Lower Cretaceous conventional reservoirs.

Lower Cretaceous Palermo Aike shales are the main source rock in the basin and also provide the seal for the underlying reservoir rocks.

 

Local Infrastructure

Natural gas produced from the Chorrillos, Campo Bremen and Oceano blocks is processed through existing infrastructure and connected into the major San Martin trunkline connecting the Austral Basin to the rest of Argentina.

Oil is transported via truck to Punta Loyola where it is exported by cargo ship.

 

Infrastructure v2.png

Reserves Potential

Following a Gaffney Cline & Associates assessment in December 2018, net reserves are estimated at:

  • 1P Reserves: 4.3 MMboe
  • 2P Reserves: 13.7 MMboe

Additional near field exploration potential has been identified including the Campo Limite exploration well in Palermo Aike which the partnership will work into the operational work programme.