Fracción C, which surrounds the Laguna de los Capones licence lies in the east of the Austral basin. It contains existing production and export facilities and is operated by CGC - Compañía General de Combustibles S.A.
- Area: 5,288 km2
- Status: Concession
- Effective Date: 1st January 2018
- Licence Expiry:
- 18th April 2026 (Laguna de los Capones)
- 13th November 2027 (Fracción C)
- Interest: Echo Energy 50%
- Seismic Available:
- 2D: Extensive Coverage
- 3D: 1200 km2
- Production Facilities: 3
- Existing Gas Export Pipelines
Work Programme 2018/2019
- Drilling and completion of 4 exploration wells with the first well ELM 1004 spud in May 2018. This work programme is now close to completion.
- CGC - Compañía General de Combustibles S.A. (50% Interest)
Fracción C surrounds the Laguna de los Capones licence and lies along the eastern coast of the Austral basin, approximately 60km northwest of Rio Gallegos.
Fracción C is the largest of Echo's assets and covers an area of 5,288 km2.
The licence areas include the existing gas fields of Campo Bola, Laguna de los Capones and Ototel Aike, and the oil fields of Estancia la Maggie and Laguna Maria. Existing net production is 5.4 MMscfe per day.
Seven drill ready prospects have been identified targeting the Springhill and the Serie Tobífera with a combined 2P and 2C net reserves and resources of 23.8 Bcfe. Unrisked gross prospective hydrocarbons initially in place are estimated at 1.3 Tcfe (Pmean).
- 3 underutilised production facilities already in place within the licence area.
- Existing gas export pipelines are present including the main San Martin natural gas trunkline delivering gas to Buenos Aires.
- Campo Bola production facility has a capacity of 35 million cubic feet per day however is only utilised at 16.5%.